- The entire premise, for me, seems to declare the power of Tagruato. Here is a man in his room, and a gloved hand keeps him from breaking out of the Slusho! world. He’s unable to break free and is brought back into the world of Tagruato which involves undersea beasts, endless amounts of Slusho! and the inevitable giving up of the man to leave who is taken over and then decides to stay in the world where he’s been convinced is the best. The commercial for me is more a statement about Tagruato’s power.
- BUT there are clues. In the end, the fire trail brings with it tiny red footprints, the duck in the bottom explodes from its stomach, which may or may not lend credence to the woman expanding and exploding during the second Cloverfield trailer, the man is standing in a field of clovers, the crab makes an appearance again, and the man stomps to the door like a monster before trying to open it. And what of the mysterious hand at the start?
- Credit to DougBThree on the Unifiction forums: A robot is dressed as Hamlet on the Slusho.jp contest page. Hamlet declares “Alas, poor Yorik.” Yorik = York? New York? Funny, but plausible.
- This commercial may just be one big red herring throwing nonsense on a wall seeing if it sticks, or it may be one long bout of symbolism and clues within a great spoof of a Japanese commercial. Either way, Tagruato is a sinister corporation and their presence is felt well.
As for the contest, it’s extremely mysterious.
- The winners will have kept in mind that Slusho! is NOT scary and or bad, or related to anything scary and or bad. Slusho! is fun and happy!
- Eligible Submissions will be judged on the following judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (i) embodying the happy-fun excitement of the Slusho! product – 50%; (ii) originality – 20%; (iii) creativity – 20%; (iv) adhering to the suggested length of thirty (30) seconds for a Submission – 5%; and (v) not associating Slusho! with something scary and bad – 5%.
- In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prize(s) or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest.
You tell me: Is the commercial nonsense, or one giant clue?
Posted on December 7, 2007 in Blogs by Felix Vasquez Jr.
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- DISTRIBUTE SLUSHO!
- TAGRUATO IS RUINING OUR OCEANS…
- SLUSHO.JP FINDINGS, CLUES?
- JAMIE LOVES TEDDY PART THREE…
Popular Stories from Around the Web