BOOTLEG FILES 025: “Can Heironymous Merkin Ever Forget Mercy Humppe and Find True Happiness?” (1969 X-rated musical created by Anthony Newley).
LAST SEEN: One-time screening in New York in the summer of 2002.
AMERICAN HOME VIDEO: None.
REASON FOR DISAPPEARANCE: A major financial flop with little perceived public interest, although there may also be problems in clearing music rights.
CHANCES OF SEEING A HOME VIDEO/DVD RELEASE: This is not currently on anyone’s radar.
BOOTLEG OPPORTUNITIES: Plenty of bootlegs can be found, albeit from an edited cable television broadcast.
Get the rest of the story in part two of THE BOOTLEG FILES: “CAN HEIRONYMOUS MERKIN EVER FORGET MERCY HUMPPE AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS?”>>>
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “CAN HEIRONYMOUS MERKIN EVER FORGET MERCY HUMPPE AND FIND TRUE HAPPINESS?”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “LIZA WITH A Z”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “NO, I HAVE NO REGRETS”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “THE SCOPITONES”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “THE BEATRICE ARTHUR SPECIAL”
Popular Stories from Around the Web