1. “I left my invite at the hotel, but here’s my card.” If you’re not on the list, say: “But I DID RSVP. Is it okay if I just wait?”
2. “Karen put me on the list.” There’s always a Karen in every crowd. Try other common names like Bob, Harvey, Geoff or Cassian.
3. “I left my cellular phone in there.” You can also say that you left your coat, purse, address book, whatever.
4. “I was the one that got stuck parking the car. I have to tell my ride I can’t get in.”
5. “I need to use the phone.”
6. “I’m scouting the venue for a possible event location for a party we want to put on, I’m just observing. Is that okay?”
7. “I need to use the bathroom. Really baaaaaad.” (Rarely works for guys, never fails for women.)
8. “I am with the press.” Guaranteed to work better when you feign an accent. People dig a French accent or a British accent.
9. WARNING, ADVANCED SKILLS ONLY : Casually lean over, without letting the person see you, glance at the list and select a name. Try to select one that is not checked off. Then say: “I’m the plus one with ______. I have to meet him/her here.”
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- LA PUPPE
- WRITE YOUR OWN MONSTER STORY CONTEST
- IF YOU LOVE SOMETHING, SET IT FREE (AND THEN NEVER GO BACK TO IT).
Popular Stories from Around the Web