10. LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER: THE CRADLE OF LIFE ^ If you thought that Simon West, the auteur of the first Lara Croft, was a vacuous storyteller, than wait until you see what cinematographer-turned-director Jan de Bont has done with this character.
9. THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN ^ With this one, we’ve discovered that perhaps Kevin Carr is one of the X-Men. His special power? The ability to withstand horrendous cinema. The rest of us ran screaming from the theater with eyes bleeding and colons collapsing.
8. CHARLIE’S ANGELS: FULL THROTTLE ^ When we said we liked the original Charlie’s Angels because it was good, stupid fun, we didn’t mean go ahead and make the sequel as dumb as a rock.
7. MY BOSS’S DAUGHTER ^ If your idea of quality cinema is a lurching, amateurishly written festival of pratfalls, smashed furniture, locker room humor and rubber owls, run don’t walk to “My Boss’s Daughter.” In that case, the film’s dreadfulness will be the least of your problems.
6. THE MATRIX: RELOADED ^ The online buzz has some of the Matrix fans defending this film, but come two years from now, every one of them will be trading in their Matrix boxed sets at the local DVD trader along with their copies of Spider-Man.
We break out the big guns in part four of SUMMER OF STINK 2003>>>
Posted on September 2, 2003 in Features by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER: THE CRADLE OF LIFE
- “TOMB RAIDER” TEASER TRAILER RELEASED
- LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER
- MY BOSS’S DAUGHTER
- TALKING PICTURES: OUTSIDE THE BOX
Popular Stories from Around the Web