Bootleg Files 010: “The Jazz Singer” (Inane 1959 telecast with Jerry Lewis playing the role made famous by Al Jolson — and playing it as a straight drama!)
Last seen: Surprise presentation earlier this year at New York’s Jewish Museum, as part of an exhibition on the Jewish-American influence in entertainment.
American home video: None.
Reason for disappearance: Quite frankly, it stinks.
Chances of seeing it on home video/DVD: Only if Jerry Lewis needs money very badly.
Bootleg opportunities: Ample.
Get the rest of the story in part two of THE BOOTLEG FILES: “THE JAZZ SINGER”>>>
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “SPECIAL BARDOT”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “THE HIGH AND THE MIGHTY”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “ANNA LUCASTA”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “AFRICA SCREAMS”
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: “THE HOMOSEXUALS”
Popular Stories from Around the Web