With Academy Award season at hand, Oscar trivia buffs are out in full force trying to stump their friends, families and colleagues with their knowledge of Academy history. But here at Film Threat, we take our Oscar trivia very, very seriously. Perhaps too seriously.
Try these Oscar trivia questions on for size and see if you can make a fit. Get the answers on the next page>>>
1. Which was the first performance in a shot-on-video feature to receive an Academy Award nomination?
2. Which was the only film to have its Oscar nomination revoked prior to the award ceremony?
3. Which was the only film to have its Oscar nomination voluntarily withdrawn by its producers?
4. Which was the only movie re-release to receive an Academy Award nomination?
5. Who was the only actor to repeat a televised performance for an Oscar-winning role in the film version of a made-for-television production?
6. Who was the only person to win both an Academy Award and a Nobel Prize?
7. Who was the first person to refuse to accept an Academy Award? (Hint: it was not George C. Scott)
8. Which was the only animated short ever to go up against feature films in an Oscar competition?
9. Which actors received Oscar nominations for playing the same character in different films?
10. Which is the shortest feature film to win the Best Picture Oscar?
11. Which actors directed themselves in their Oscar-winning performances?
12. How many Academy Awards did the original 1933 “King Kong” win?
13. Have any Israeli films won the Best Foreign-Language Film Oscar?
14. Have any Beatles films won the Academy Award?
15. Have any Elvis Presley films won the Academy Award?
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- FILM THREAT’S HARDCORE OSCAR QUIZ
- FILM THREAT’S OSCAR QUIZ
- THE ACADEMY WELCOMES “THE HUSTLER”
- THE FILM THREAT OSCAR QUIZ, PART 2
- THE OSCAR JINX STALKS HOLLYWOOD
Popular Stories from Around the Web