The ultimate networking opportunity for filmmakers looking for a break… – Variety
Taking place during the Hollywood Film Festival, The Hollywood Horror, Sci-Fi and Fantasy Festival returns October 20-22 to the Arclight Theatres in Hollywood, featuring genre films from both emerging filmmakers and film masters. What better way to celebrate Halloween than to have your genre film screen at the hottest movie theater in Los Angeles?
“Film festivals have always been very supportive of alternative and fringe indies. Unfortunately, genre films of the sci-fi, fantasy and horror genre often get left out of festival programs. How will we discover the next Peter Jackson if festivals do not support young filmmakers who create fantastic visions? Teaming with Carlos de Abreu and the Hollywood Film Festival will be a great way to showcase the best new work from indie genre filmmakers. I am ecstatic that Film Threat will be involved in the selection process and helping get this next generation of filmmakers much needed exposure,” said our own, Chris Gore.
For more information, visit the Hollywood Film Festival website.
Posted on June 12, 2006 in Festivals by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- THE HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL AND FILM THREAT CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN TOGETHER!
- GIVE FILM THREAT AND THE HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL THE CREEPS
- FILM THREAT WANTS YOUR FILM FOR THE 2007 HOLLYWOOD HORROR, SCI-FI AND FANTASY FILM FESTIVAL!
- FILM THREAT WANTS YOUR GENRE FILMS FOR THE 2008 HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL!
- LAST CHANCE! FILM THREAT AND THE HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL NEED YOUR GENRE FILMS!
Popular Stories from Around the Web