“American Scary” is a look at the nation’s tradition of horror hosting, from Zacherley to A. Ghastlee Ghoul. Featuring interviews from major hosts from the 1950s to the present day, along with memories from celebrities and fans who were influenced by these personalities, you’ll follow this American folk art form from its glamorous beginnings, through repeated waves of popularity, to its scrappy resurgence and survival in the age of cable access and the Internet.
Catch the World Premiere of “American Scary” at The Hollywood Horror, Sci-Fi and Fantasy Festival, October 21st at the Arclight in Los Angeles!
For more info, view the festival program>>>
Posted on October 10, 2006 in Festivals by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- “DARK RIDE” PREMIERES AT HOLLYWOOD HORROR
- MEXICAN WRESTLER GOES BERZERK AT HOLLYWOOD HORROR
- SEE “MARCUS” AT HOLLYWOOD HORROR
- KEN FOREE, KELLY HU & DEVON SAWA IN THE “DEVIL’S DEN” AT HOLLYWOOD HORROR
- THE HOLLYWOOD HORROR, SCI-FI AND FANTASY FESTIVAL ANNOUNCES 2006 PROGRAM
Popular Stories from Around the Web