The 60th Cannes Film Festival ended on Sunday with a red-carpet award ceremony, awarding the following filmmakers and films…
“4 Months, 3 weeks and 2 days”
Directed by Romanian Cristian Mungiu
GRAND PRIX (Runner-up prize)
“The Mourning Forest”
Directed by Japan’s Naomi Kawase
SPECIAL PRIZE (to mark 60th Cannes Film Festival)Gus Van Sant
U.S. director of “Paranoid Park”
BEST DIRECTORJulian Schnabel
U.S. director of French-language film “The Diving Bell and the Butterfly”
Konstantin Lavronenko (in Russian film “The Banishment”, directed by Andrei Zvyagintsev)
Jeon Do-yeon (for South Korean competition entry “Secret Sunshine”)
German-Turkish director of “The Edge of Heaven”
CAMERA D’OR (Golden Camera for first film)
Israeli production directed by Etgar Keret and Shira Geffen
Posted on May 27, 2007 in Festivals by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- SPIRIT AWARDS NOMINATIONS SHOULD BOOST FLICKS BOX OFFICE!
- GOING BIONIC: DISTRIBUTING INDEPENDENT FILMS INTERNATIONALLY – CANNES 2014 FILM FESTIVAL & FILM MARKET WRAP-UP!
- 2008 INDEPENDENT SPIRIT AWARDS WINNERS!
- GOING BIONIC: DISTRIBUTING INDEPENDENT FILMS INTERNATIONALLY – BANNED IN CANNES!
- 2013 INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL BOSTON ANNOUNCES AWARD WINNERS
Popular Stories from Around the Web