[ September 29th, 2000 ] is the final deadline for submissions to the Hollywood Black Film Festival 2001 (HBFF 2001) for its 3rd annual competitive festival for Black filmmakers. The event, which will be held from [ February 14th to the 18th, 2001 ] in Culver City, CA., will bring together aspiring Black filmmakers and the mainstream Hollywood community. Last year’s Festival welcomed an impressive 5,000 attendees.
The program is open to features, shorts, documentaries, student films, and animations and is now welcoming international submissions, for their new World Cinema Program, as well. A special bonus: the Festival plans to showcase an invitation-only event filled with out-of-competition theatrical premieres. For a retrospective look at Festivals from years past, and to download an entry form, go to [ the Hollywood Black Film Festival website. ]
Posted on September 28, 2000 in Festivals by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL ADDS DOCS
- THE HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL AND THE INTERNATIONAL DOCUMENTARY ASSOCIATION JOIN FORCES
- THE HOLLYWOOD BLACK FILM FESTIVAL CALLS FOR ENTRIES
- THE HOLLYWOOD FILM FESTIVAL AND FILM THREAT CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN TOGETHER!
- SUBMIT TO THE REVELATION INDIE FEST
Popular Stories from Around the Web