Lloyd Kaufman and the TromaDance Film Festival are bringing a panel of independent filmmakers with them to the 2010 American Film Market to hold court on November 4, 2010 at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Press Room. Expect Troma insanity, some positive free-thinking and even some news about the 2011 TromaDance Film Festival. From the official press release:
Interact with the film industry’s most independent minds at the annual American Film Market’s TromaDance Press Conference! This year’s event will take place on November 4, 2010, at 3 pm in the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel Press Room, TromaDance Founder Lloyd Kaufman announced today.
Now in its 12th year, the TromaDance Film Festival is a beacon for truly independent cinema. Each year, the fest showcases groundbreaking new films and new and talented filmmakers all for free.
In preparation for the fest, this 2010 TromaDance Press Conference at the AFM will feature an impressive panel of celebrities, led by host Kaufman, presenting such topics as:
- The Soul of Independence Award, bestowed upon one young, deserving filmmaker for embodying the spirit of TromaDance!
- The first time presentation, to the media, of break-out filmmakers Astron-6 who were discovered at TromaDance 2010 and have subsequently been hired to make their first feature-length film!
- The state of independent art and filmmaking
- Why TromaDance Film Festival has moved from Park City, UT to Asbury Park, NJ
- Breaking news about the 2011 TromaDance Film Festival
- The premiere of the brand-new TromaDance PSA
Due to the uniqueness of this event, space is very limited. Please RSVP to Anne Koester at email@example.com as soon as possible.
As the largest film market for independent films, the American Film Market perfectly complements the ideals of TromaDance and has served as an excellent meeting ground for contemporary independent minds. In previous years, the TromaDance panel at the AFM has boasted the contributions of Jenna Fischer, Fred “The Hammer” Williamson, James Gunn, Mark Neveldine, Brian Taylor, Penelope Spheeris, and, of course, The Toxic Avenger, among others.
Inspired by Trey Parker and founded in 1999 by Kaufman, TromaDance is the first film festival wholeheartedly devoted to filmmakers and fans. Unlike every other film festival, TromaDance does not charge filmmakers a fee to submit their films. Entrance to all screenings is free and open to the public. The organizers of TromaDance believe that films are meant to be seen, especially when it comes to new filmmakers.
Having worked with Troma Entertainment for his first independent film: CANNIBAL! THE MUSICAL, Parker has gone on to great success with SOUTH PARK. When not preparing for TromaDance, Kaufman advocates for fledgling and independent filmmakers as President of Troma Entertainment and Chairman of the Independent Film & Television Alliance.
Posted on September 24, 2010 in Festivals by Mark Bell
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- LLOYD KAUFMAN: AMERICAN AUTEUR
- TROMADANCE AIMS AT PARK CITY
- TROMADANCE INVADES PARK CITY
- TROMADANCE 2002 SCHEDULE
- TROMADANCE 2005 ANNOUNCES SCHEDULE
Popular Stories from Around the Web