Denzel Washington has moved into directing and he’s going to unleash his first film at the Toronto International Film Festival, September 5-14.
Denzel’s directorial debut, “Antwone Fisher”, is the story of a hot-tempered sailor (newcomer Derek Luke) whose visit to a naval psychiatrist (Washington) starts him on the road to emotional healing. The Fox Searchlight production also features Joy Bryant and Salli Richardson. The film is scheduled to be released in theaters on December 20th.
Check out the Toronto International Film Festival website for more festival information.
Posted on August 5, 2002 in Festivals by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL LAUNCHES NEW WEBSITE
- THE TORONTO ONLINE FILM FESTIVAL IS COMING
- “BETWEEN STRANGERS” PREMIERES AT THE TORONTO INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
- TORONTO GETS A TASTE OF ITALY
- “FESTIVAL PASS” TO DENVER
Popular Stories from Around the Web