Terms and Modifications
Rights and Copyrights
All rights reserved. All material copyright Hamster Stampede LLC, in whatever year this is now. Contents may not be reprinted without written permission. All letters, emails, comments, interviews, feature stories, festival stories, press releases and reviews sent to Film Threat or FilmThreat.com in any manner are assumed intended for publication, unless stated otherwise.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any usernames or passwords issued to you for your use of or access to this Site and you agree not to allow any other person or entity to use any usernames or passwords that are issued to you. You will be responsible for all activity that occurs (whether by you or by others) under your user account or password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security and to let us know if you wish to cancel a username or password. You also agree to exit from your account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations. We reserve the right to delete or change any username or password at any time and for any reason.
Online Conduct / Comments
- Post any material which is (or could reasonably be expected to be) defamatory of any person
- Post any material or include any information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Use the Site for any unlawful purpose or to transmit any material that contains a virus.
- Use the Site to encourage others to engage in illegal activities or activities that could cause injury to persons or property.
- Use the Site to upload, post, e-mail, transmit or otherwise make available content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights of any party.
- Use any portion of the Site for uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available junk mail, commercial advertisements, or any other form of commercial solicitation.
- Attempt to interfere with any other person’s use of the Site.
- Misrepresent your identity or impersonate any person.
- Hold yourself out as sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with the Site.
- Attempt to modify, translate, adapt, edit, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any software programs used by us or in connection with the Site.
- Provide any financial advice, or advice of any kind in relation to any financial product
If Hamster Stampede LLC, the Site and/or its related entities receives notice that a comment post is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the comments, we reserve the right to remove that comment posting. The removal of any comment shall be solely at the discretion of Hamster Stampede LLC, the Site and/or its related entities. Please note that once you post a comment to one of our sites, it becomes part of the public conversation. Our policy is that we will not remove a user’s comments unless they are in violation of our Terms of Service, and we won’t remove them otherwise except in very extreme circumstances.
Comments and Third-Party Content Disclaimers
The views which are expressed in the “Comments” section or by a third-party or User which have been sent to us via email or other means for publishing are not our views, nor the views of any of Hamster Stampede LLC’s related entities, and we accept no liability in respect of any material posted in the “Comments” or in respect of any material by a third-party or User which has been sent to us via email or other means for publishing, nor are we responsible for its content and accuracy. Any reliance you place on material posted in the “Comments” sections or in material that has been sent to us by a third-party or User via email or other means for publishing is done so at your own risk. Hamster Stampede LLC, the Site, Film Threat and/or its related entities does not verify any information posted to or communicated via the “Comments” sections of the Site by users or by a third-party via email or other means for publishing and does not guarantee the proper use of such information by any party who may have access to the information. You acknowledge and agree that Hamster Stampede LLC, the Site, Film Threat and/or its related entities does not assume, and shall not have, any responsibility for the content of messages or other communications sent or received by users of the Site.
The Site contains content created by or on behalf of Hamster Stampede LLC and/or its related entities as well as content provided by third parties. Hamster Stampede LLC and/or its related entities does not control, and makes no representations or warranties about, any third party content, including such content that may be accessible directly on the Site or through links from the Site to third party sites. You acknowledge that, by viewing the Site or communications transmitted through the Site, you may be exposed to third party content that is false, offensive or otherwise objectionable to you or others, and you agree that under no circumstances shall Hamster Stampede LLC and/or its related entities be liable in any way, under any theory, for any third party content. You acknowledge and agree that the Site, and the contents thereof, is proprietary to Hamster Stampede LLC and/or its related entities and is or may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property rights and laws. You agree that you will not access or use the Site or any of the content thereof for any reason or purpose other than your personal, non-commercial use. You agree that you will not systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site by any means, and you will not compile a database or directory of information extracted from the Site. You agree that you will not reproduce, distribute or make derivative works of the Site or any of the contents thereof without the express consent of Hamster Stampede LLC and/or its related entities.
Links to Other Sites
Any links from this Site to other websites are provided for your information and convenience only. We do not assume any responsibility or liability with respect to any website linked from this Site (or any website linking to this Site). We do not review or monitor such links. A link from this Site to another website (or a link from another website to this Site) does not constitute a referral, endorsement, approval, advertising, offer or solicitation with respect to such website, its contents, or any products or services advertised or distributed through that website. The privacy policies of other sites may differ from ours so if you have questions about other sites’ privacy policies, please contact them directly.
Content Full Disclosure Policy
This website is a sponsored website created or supported by a company, organization or group of organizations. For questions about this website, please contact us via the Support Form.
This website accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This website operates by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made on this website. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this website is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this website receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the writers’ own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This website does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
- DISCLAIMER: You agree that by submitting any product to Film Threat magazine, FilmThreat.com and/or Film Threat’s parent company, Hamster Stampede LLC, that you, the manufacturer/reseller/creator, hereby agree and affirm that in exchange for the product review from Film Threat magazine, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC Reviewing Team, certain conditions and promises are required: Film Threat magazine, FilmThreat.com and Hamster Stampede LLC cannot be held liable for the content of, or potential consequences stemming from, reviews of any products submitted for review. No products are guaranteed review placement in Film Threat magazine, but each product will be considered for inclusion. You hereby disclaim, release, and relinquish any and all claims, actions and/or lawsuits that you, or any of your dependents, heirs, or family members may have relating to any damage and/or injury that results, or is alleged to have resulted, from a review or submission for review on FilmThreat.com, in Film Threat magazine and/or by any representative of Hamster Stampede LLC.
- BULK SUBMISSION: One submission form per film for review submission. If you have more than one film, you must fill out, and pay for, more than one film submission form separately. You may mail in multiple films together, however.
- RETURN OF SUBMISSION: Submissions and submissions’ material will not be returned. No exceptions, so do not send originals.
- REFUND POLICY: By making a payment for film submission to our site, you acknowledge that you have read and agree that all payments are FINAL and non-refundable, except in our sole and absolute discretion.
- RIGHT OF REFUSAL: You accept that we reserve the right to refuse to review a film submission in our sole and absolute discretion. If we do refuse to review a film, the film submission fee will be refunded.
- WAIVER; REPRESENTATIONS & WARRANTIES: By uploading or otherwise submitting a film for review, you waive the right to make any claim against Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC or any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers or shareholders related to the film or Submission, including, but not limited to, unfair competition, intellectual property infringement, invasion of privacy, negligence, breach of implied contract or breach of confidentiality, and you further waive all moral rights, so-called “droits morales” and any right of attribution you may have in any materials uploaded or sent to us by you.
You represent and warrant that your film or Submission: (a) shall be true, accurate, current, complete and not misleading, (b) shall not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, intellectual property and proprietary rights, (c) shall not be fraudulent or involve counterfeit or stolen information or items, (d) shall not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation, and (e) shall not create any liability for Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC or any of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders.
When you upload a video or submit materials for review or comments to Film Threat, FilmThreat.com or Hamster Stampede LLC, you are telling us that you have all necessary rights to post such content and to allow us to use and review the content as described in these Terms of Service.
You further represent and warrant that (i) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your video or Submission to enable inclusion and use of the film or Submission in the manner contemplated by this TOS; and (ii) you have any and all necessary written or implied consents, releases, and/or permissions of each and every identifiable individual person in the film or Submission to use the name, picture and likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the video or Submission in the manner contemplated by these Terms of Service.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Film Threat, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF Film Threat, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (I) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR SERVICES; (II) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (IV) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES; OR (V) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES OR OPERATION OF THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL Film Threat, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THE SITE.YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, Film Threat, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES AND YOUR USE THEREOF. Film Threat, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SERVICES, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (IV) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR SERVICES, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR SERVICES BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (V) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SERVICES. Film Threat, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICES OR ANY HYPERLINKED SERVICES OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND Film Threat, FilmThreat.com and/or Hamster Stampede LLC WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.You acknowledge and agree that Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders shall not be responsible or liable for (i) any unauthorized access to or alteration of your Submission; (ii) any Submission sent or received or not sent or not received; (iii) any Submission damaged in transit and (iv) any Submission stored on storage devices owned, operated or controlled by Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC. You acknowledge and agree that Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers and shareholders shall not be responsible or liable for any Submission or conduct of any third party, including, but not limited to, content sent using and/or included within the Services provided by any other user of the Site or any third party licensors or suppliers of Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC.SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY OF THE EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN ALL SUCH EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION FOR A PERIOD OF THIRTY (30) DAYS AFTER THE DATE ON WHICH YOU FIRST ACCESS THE SERVICES, AND NO WARRANTIES SHALL APPLY AFTER SUCH PERIOD.YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Film Threat, FilmThreat.com, Hamster Stampede LLC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR CONTENT OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
Exclusion of Warranty
We make no warranty of any kind regarding this site and/or any materials provided on this site, all of which are provided on an “as is” basis. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any content or data found on this site and expressly disclaim all warranties and conditions, including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement, and those arising by statue or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage of trade.
Limitation of Liability
We, our Parent, and affiliated entities assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any injury, loss, claim, damage, or any special, exemplary, punitive, indirect, incidental or consequential damages of any kind (including, but not limited to lost profits or lost savings), whether based in contract, tort, strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with (1) any use of this site or any decision made or action or non-action taken by you in reliance upon the information provided through this site or the content found herein or (2) our performance or non-performance even if we have been advised of the possibility of damages to you. Certain jurisdictions might not allow limitations on implied warranties, or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations, may not apply to you, and you may have additional rights to those contained herein.
- You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless Hamster Stampede, LLC, FilmThreat.com, Film Threat and its related entities against any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage suffered or caused by reason of your reliance on any material posted in the comments areas.
- You agree to fully indemnify and hold harmless Hamster Stampede, LLC, FilmThreat.com, Film Threat and its related entities against any liabilities, claims, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage incurred as a result of any material you post in the comments areas, or as a result of any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- Notwithstanding any indemnity provided by you under these terms and conditions, Hamster Stampede, LLC, FilmThreat.com, Film Threat and/or its related entities retain the right to assume the conduct of any defense to a claim brought against them, and of any proceeding or appeal issued by them, and you agree to provide all reasonable cooperation (including by making available relevant documents) that Hamster Stampede, LLC, FilmThreat.com, Film Threat and/or its related entities may require from you in relation to any such claim, proceeding or appeal.
- Information Automatically Gathered About All Visitors
We collect aggregate and user-specific information on which pages consumers access or visit. This information is used to generate reports that help us assess the value of and interest in the web site we provide. We use the information we collect to improve the content of our web pages. Our web servers automatically collect limited information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, including your IP address (but not the e-mail address), when you visit our sites. Your IP address does not contain personally identifiable information, nor does it identify you personally. We use this information to deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our sites to the interests of our users, and to measure traffic within our sites.
- Information Gathered by Voluntary Submission
To make use of certain features on our web sites (such as story comments), visitors need to register and to provide certain information as part of the registration or participation process. We may ask, for example, for your name, e-mail address, and the like. Supplying such information is entirely voluntary. But if you do not supply the information we need, we may be unable to provide you with services and content we make available to other visitors to our sites. Of course, even if you want to remain completely anonymous, you are still free to take advantage of the wealth of content that is otherwise available, without registration, on our Site.
- What We Do with Information
We or one of our affiliated companies may perform statistical, marketing and demographic analyses of viewer patterns. In addition, we may generally inform our advertisers about our viewer patterns. When we present information to our advertisers, to help them understand our audience and confirm the value of advertising on our websites, it is usually in the form of aggregated statistics on traffic to various pages within our sites. We will not share individual user information with third parties unless the user has specifically approved the release of that information. In some cases, however, if required, we may provide information to legal officials as described in “Compliance with Legal Process” below.
- Compliance with Legal Process
We may disclose personal information if we or one of our affiliated companies is required by law to disclose personal information, or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with a law or some legal process, to protect or defend our rights and property, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our web sites or to protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
- Site Links
If you are a copyright holder and feel that your copyrights are being infringed upon by the site, use our Contact Form or email our designated agent to let us know of any possible infringement. In accordance with all provisions and under the guidelines of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), specifically Section 512(c), known as The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act (OCILLA), any alleged copyright infringement notice must include:
- (i) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- (ii) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- (iii) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- (iv) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- (v) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- (vi) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of such a notice of copyright infringement, we will respond to rectify or clarify the situation, in accordance with all provisions, guidelines and rights afforded to us by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), specifically Section 512(c), known as The Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act (OCILLA).
Any Dispute Between Us Will be Governed by New Jersey Law
Use of this website shall in all respects be governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey, U.S., regardless of the laws that might be applicable under principles of conflicts of law. The parties agree that the New Jersey courts located in Camden county, New Jersey, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all controversies arising under this agreement and agree that venue is proper in those courts.BY CONTINUING TO USE OUR SITE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. The caption to each Section of these Terms and Conditions are for convenience of reference only and shall be ignored in the construction or interpretation hereof.