Director Michael Winterbottom is set to unveil his latest film “The Road to Guantanamo” at this weeks Berlin Film Festival. The film tells the true story of three British born Asians who were kidnapped…errr….”captured” in Afganistan and taken to prison for two years before being released without a charge. Winterbottom and co. are also looking at a multi-platform release for the film ala Soderbergh’s “Bubble.” Too bad there’s no celebrities in the Guantanamo film because not having them pretty much guarantees hardly any Americans will pay attention. Ah yes, freedom rocks.
Read all about it at The Guardian UK>>>
Posted on February 14, 2006 in News by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- MAGNOLIA PICTURES LOOKING TO CAPTURE DANISH CRIME TRILOGY
- THE ‘BUBBLE’ EXPERIMENT CONTINUES
- INDIE FLICK CAUGHT IN CORPORATE PISSING MATCH
- NIC CAGE IS UNTOUCHABLE AS…AL CAPONE?
- SODERBERGH CROSSES “WIRED”
Popular Stories from Around the Web