Helena Bonham Carter, an Oscar nominee for The Wings of the Dove, who most recently starred in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, has joined the cast of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Bonham Carter will play Bellatrix Lestrange, Sirius Black’s cousin and a Death Eater, who is one of Lord Voldemort’s followers.
As Bellatrix Lestrange, Bonham Carter is only one of several newcomers to the Harry Potter film franchise, also including: Imelda Staunton as Dolores Umbridge; George Harris as Kingsley Shacklebolt; Natalia Tena playing Nymphadora Tonks; Kathryn Hunter in the role of Mrs. Figg; and 14-year-old actress Evanna Lynch, who plays Luna Lovegood.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix will be released in 2007.
Posted on August 2, 2006 in News by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- HARRY POTTER 5 NEWS BLITZ
- FIRST-LOOK “HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX” STILLS RELEASED
- HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
- “HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX” TEASER ONE-SHEET
- TILL HUMAN VOICES WAKE US
Popular Stories from Around the Web