The writers of the new live-action Transformers movie, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, held a webcast today giving away a few choice nuggets about the film, the biggest bit of juice being which Autobots and Decepticons would appear in the film:
Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Ratchet and Ironhide.
Megatron, Starscream, Brawl, Bonecrusher, Barracade, Scorpinok, Frenzy (originally supposed to be Soundwave, but changed to this character, a master in stealth) and Blackout (first wave attack who knocks out defenses before full Decepticon assault).
Yes, there are more bad guys than good guys. Apparently this was done so that the Autobots would really have to work together. Other news:
* Not all characters will appear as the vehicles you remember them. Times have changed, and so have the different cars these robotic bastards used to turn into. Also, transformations had to look realistic so that was a factor in how vehicles ended up looking.
* Threads and plots are already being left open for sequels. Way to think ahead money-grubbing studio!
* The writers are constantly monitoring the fans on the official messageboards. So, you know, go bitch there and see if the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Maybe we’ll see Optimus Prime say “I’m the Prime, bitch.” Speaking of which…
* A contest is open for fans to send in a line they want Optimus Prime to say. One line will be chosen and used in the film. My vote is for “Get these motherfucking Decepticons off my motherfucking back!”
There you have it, all the exciting geek news about the upcoming live-action Transformers movie, straight from the writers who will be cursing the film just prior to its release for being so re-cut and re-shot so as not to look like anything they originally intended.
Want more Transformers fun? Watch “The Return of Optimus Prime”>>>
Posted on August 18, 2006 in News by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- TRANSFORMERS GET AN OFFICIAL MOVIE TITLE
- THE RUDE AWAKENING OF OPTIMUS PRIME
- REMEMBER THE TRANSFORMERS…
- “TRANSFORMERS” CONTEST DONE
Popular Stories from Around the Web