Sam Raimi continues to let his comic book geek flag fly as he recently announced he’s acquired the rights to “pulp” characters published in the 1930′s by Street and Smith. Those characters include Doc Savage, The Avenger and already-been-made-into-a-shitty-movie-once character “The Shadow.” No word on what he plans to do with the rights…that is, make individual movies or incorporate all the characters into one film. Then again you never know what evil lurks in the hearts of men…but Raimi knows and so will you if you…
Check it out at Cinematical>>>
Posted on December 11, 2006 in News by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- WHAT’S NEXT FOR PETER JACKSON?
- “GRINDHOUSE” SOUNDTRACK NEWS AND NIC CAGE GROWS A FU MANCHU
- Sundance 07 News: WEDNESDAY ROLLS OUT WITH YES…MORE DEALS!
- SAM RAIMI PRESENTS…THREE “GRUDGE TWO” SHORTS
- Sundance 07 News: CINEMATICAL IS A BUZZY BUZZY SUNDANCE BEE
Popular Stories from Around the Web