Joining the list of amazing filmmakers who get continually snubbed by the Academy but are getting old so they better fete them now, composer Ennio Morricone will receive an honorary Oscar next February. Morricone is possibly best known for his spaghetti-western scores but he’s also been the go-to guy for Brian DePalma and others. The guy has done over 300 motion picture scores in an amazing career that’s spanned over 45 years. Congrats Ennio!
Read all about it at Yahoo Movie News>>>
Posted on December 14, 2006 in News by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- NIC CAGE IS UNTOUCHABLE AS…AL CAPONE?
- “GRINDHOUSE” SOUNDTRACK NEWS AND NIC CAGE GROWS A FU MANCHU
- AL GORE’S CURRENT TV GOES YAHOO
- BLACKLIST COMES TO LIGHT AT THE ACADEMY
- SERGIO LEONE IN RETROSPECT
Popular Stories from Around the Web