Who doesn’t love a good challenge? Are you someone who is passionate about film and loves the Florida Film Festival? Are you someone who likes to be in on the action? Are you creative and ambitious?
You may just be the next producer of a YouTube video that wins you an exclusive Platinum Pass ($800 value) that gives you first-class access to the 10-day festival.
Ok, so anyone can be on YouTube, right? They serve up more than 100 million videos every day. The challenge is… can YOU create a YouTube video, promoting this year’s Florida Film Festival that people will actually watch?
If you think you’ve got what it takes… here’s how to play:
- Research the upcoming Florida Film Festival by visiting Enzian.org/FFF and Google search “Florida Film Festival” and see what’s been done in the past.
- Check out YouTube.com to watch the existing trailer for the upcoming Florida Film Festival, check out past trailers of the Florida Film Festival, and see what other festivals across the nation are doing.
- Fill in this sentence: “If I had the opportunity to promote this year’s Florida Film Festival, I would create the following video . . . “
- Create a short video that would be :15 seconds or less with an estimated launch date. Keep in mind, since this will be for public viewing, no curse words or explicit content is allowed. We’re all for edgy though, so take some risks and have some fun!
- When your video is near completion and you’re getting ready to post to YouTube, please send an e-mail to Shanon Larimer, Executive Director, , by February 15 and you will receive an email conformation letting you know of your entry’s acceptance into the contest. Please put “YouTube Challenge” in the e-mail subject line. Each submission should include the user name and title the video will be posted under so that we can track views.
- All submissions to YouTube must be posted by March 1. Remember, the festival begins on March 28th, so time is of the essence. The sooner you post your video, the more “views” you have the opportunity to garner.
- The producer of the video with the most viewings by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 24 will be the recipient of a Platinum Pass (valued at $800) to the 10-day Festival which includes the following benefits:
Concierge Service: All-access seamless experience to the Festival
Priority Seating: First admittance to all Festival films
Party Invitations: VIP access to all filmmaker and industry events
Swag Bag: Exclusive limited edition, commemorative merchandise
Posted on January 30, 2008 in News by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- THE FLORIDA FILM FESTIVAL CHANGES SEASONS FOR 2003
- FLORIDA FILM FESTIVAL PHOTO DIARY
- MAN WITH THE SMALLEST PENIS TO ARRIVE AT FLORIDA FILM FESTIVAL
- 16TH ANNUAL FLORIDA FILM FESTIVAL JUST AROUND THE CORNER
- SUBLIMINAL VIRAL MARKETING NOW?
Popular Stories from Around the Web