Remember Ellen Sandweiss? Horror fans know her as the first victim in Sam Raimi’s immortal classic “Evil Dead.” (She’s the one who was raped by a forest in the film’s most disturbing scene, and she later became a deranged demon.) She was also in “Within the Woods,” the Raimi-directed 1978 short that pre-dated “Evil Dead” and co-starred a young Bruce Campbell.
Ellen’s since moved on to new horror territory, and ESplatter News reports that she’s ready to star in Dante Tomaselli’s next feature, “Satan’s Playground,” alongside Felissa Rose of “Sleepaway Camp” fame. The two actresses will be portraying sisters.
Posted on July 4, 2002 in News by Film Threat Staff
If you liked this article then you may also like the following Film Threat articles:
- ANCHOR BAY WANTS YOU TO BUY “THE EVIL DEAD”… AGAIN…
- “EVIL DEAD” TRILOGY ON THE SCREEN
- BRUCE CAMPBELL: HAIL TO A B-MOVIE LEGEND
- EVIL DEAD 2: BOOK OF THE DEAD 2 (DVD)
- SEE “MY NAME IS BRUCE” IN OREGON!
Popular Stories from Around the Web