This BBC adaptation of Douglas Adams’ two books featuring eccentric detective Dirk Gently suffers a bit from an accessibility problem — he’s someone we’d rather encounter through another character, rather than having the point-of-view on him — as well as an adaptation issue in which the more over-the-top bits were left out. We’re left with four episodes that all center around murders and veer away from the books’ fanciful tone…Posted on March 17, 2013 in Reviews by Brad Cook
Promoted Crowdfunding Campaigns
|Want to see your campaign here? Submit via our Crowdfunding Widget!|
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: CUCUMBER CASTLE
- SIFF 2014: BEHIND THE CURTAIN, PART THREE
- CHILD OF GOD
- DIGITAL CELLULOID – ISSUE 199: THE JEN ABDUCTION PROJECT
- GOING BIONIC: DISTRIBUTING INDEPENDENT FILMS INTERNATIONALLY – WRAPPING UP MIPTV 2014!
- YOU’RE LOOKING AT ME LIKE I LIVE HERE AND I DON’T
- EARTH ANGEL
- CAMPAIGN OF HATE: RUSSIA AND GAY PROPAGANDA
- LUNCHES WITH MEL
|New England Underground Film Festival Seeks Entries|
The New England Underground Film Festival is now seeking entries for its 4th annual event, to be held October 11, 2014 at the University of Hartford’s Gray Conference Center, located in West Hartford, Connecticut. Programmed by Film Threat’s Phil Hall, this festival celebrates the best in contemporary underground cinema. The final deadline for entries is July 20, 2014; entry information is online at http://newenglanduff.webs.com.