Criterion’s Blu-ray + DVD combo release of Akira Kurosawa’s classic “Macbeth” adaptation “Throne of Blood” is a worthwhile upgrade for those moving to Blu, since it carries over all the bonus features from the 2003 DVD, but it also only offers one new documentary piece, so if you’re being selective, you might want to hold off for a while on this one…Posted on January 8, 2014 in Reviews by Brad Cook
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: DESYAT NEGRITYAT
- BLOOD, SWEAT AND BEER
- THE MYSTERY OF BELA LUGOSI’S LOST FINAL FILM
- HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2
- DIGITAL CELLULOID – ISSUE 244: GENRE SWAP!
- GOING BIONIC: DISTRIBUTING INDEPENDENT FILMS INTERNATIONALLY – SMALLISH FILMS FEASTED (AGAIN) AT THE 87TH ACADEMY AWARDS!
- LITTEKENS (SCARS)
- THE BOOTLEG FILES: THE SEARCH FOR THE NILE
- KINGSMAN: THE SECRET SERVICE
- D.C. INDEPENDENT FILM FESTIVAL RETURNS FOR 17TH ANNUAL CELEBRATION
|New England Underground Film Festival Seeks Entries|
The New England Underground Film Festival is now seeking entries for its 5th annual event, to be held October 3 at the University of Hartford’s Gray Conference Center, located in West Hartford, Connecticut. Programmed by Film Threat’s Phil Hall, this festival celebrates the best in contemporary underground cinema. The final deadline for entries is July 15; entry information is online at http://newenglanduff.webs.com.